Friday 22 October 2010

Scarfety Scarf

The Knotted Openwork Scarf which I was knitting for Eleanor is now finished and I'm really pleased with it. I first saw the pattern for it on a link on Little Cotton Rabbits blog and liked it so much that I decided to knit it. I had never used Rowan's Kidsilk Haze yarn before but I like it so much that I'm now knitting the same scarf for my mum for Christmas in Hurricane, which is a lovely blue colour.

Whilst reading Damn, Knit & Blast It blog I followed a link to Jannettes Rare Yarns where an unreleased shade of Kidsilk Haze, Daffodil, is being sold. I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by so I ended up buying a couple of balls. There's some other bargains on there so I'm sure my credit card will be out again before long.

8 comments:

  1. wow - it's gorgeous - great colour! You've inspired me to pick mine back up again (it's been languishing under a pile on bunnies and mittens!). I will dig it out today and do a few rows! Thanks, J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo
    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. This scarf looks amazingly intricate. Adore the colour! Also looked at your allotment blog too. I am attempting to save some seed this year, as the beans were amazing. Jacs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, see where these little blog trails take you ...! Sounds like a good buy Jo. The shorter days always make me want to take up my knitting, I'm pretty useless though! Your scarf looks so soft and warm - pretty colour.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. The scarf I'm knitting for my mum is growing now so it shouldn't be too long before it's finished. Although it looks intricate, the pattern is very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found some yarn on Jannettes web site, do you know why the prices are shown in US$? What was the service like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure why the prices are in dollars, Amanda. I used my credit card to pay and it just converted it back to sterling. The service was excellent. I received an email letting me know that my order had been received, another email later the same day letting me know that my order had been sent and I received the order the following day. I would have no hesitation in recommending them or ordering from them again myself. Don't forget to show us what you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog! :) Your scarf looks really pretty, I've had my eye on some of that Kidsilk Haze. I'll have to wait until after Christmas though now.

    I live not far from Leeds by the way, in Wetherby. It's a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment, Rachel. I'm in Garforth so not far from Wetherby at all. In fact I'm popping in to Wetherby on Saturday, there are some lovely shops there though I was sad to see that the Toyshop had closed down, I used to love visiting there. There aren't many independent toy shops left now.

    ReplyDelete