Friday 2 October 2015

Twelve Days Of Christmas Swap Partners

I know I said I'd post a list of swap partners tomorrow but I didn't realise I had another university open day to attend with Eleanor. I won't be around much tomorrow so I'm posting the list today.


Once you've seen who you've been paired with, can you please make contact with your swap partner either by email or by commenting on their blog. You will need to exchange addresses but please make sure this is done by email, I don't like seeing people's personal details posted on blogs. It would also be helpful if you could leave me a comment letting me know that you've made contact with your partners.

There's been a really good response, twenty six people including myself are joining in which means there'll be thirteen swaps taking place. Here's a list of your partners:-

Fat Dormouse Getting Thinner - Pam from A New Life in Wales

Gilly from Gilly Makes...HQ - Jo from Angel Jem's City Cottage

Mitzi from Lazy Days & Sunday's at Willow Cottage - Rebecca from Writing, Fatshion, Me

Ellie from Feltabulous - Sally A from Crafty Northerner

Kimberley from Creative Chaos - Alison from Life at Sylvan House

Jo from A Whole Plot of Love - Susan from Granny Smith's Quilting

Hazel from World of Joy - Alcea Rosea 31

Jo from Through The Keyhole - Simple Living

Clicky Needles - Maria from Dotty's Daughter

Amy from Love Made My Home - Debbie from Fairy Bluebell's Craft Adventure

Cheryl from My Little Piece of England - Michelle from The Diet Starts Tomorrow..

Marlene from Poppy Patchwork - Frugally Challenged

Eleanor from Stitches and Seeds - Janet from MacQue


You've now got until the beginning of December to get your gifts together. They should be things you'd be happy to receive yourself and you may choose to make some of the gifts if you so wish.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble choosing gifts for your swap partner but you can have a look at The Twelve Days Of Christmas post I wrote back in January which shows the gifts I received from Lisa last year if you get stuck. Some people may enjoy receiving things such as books, stationery, crafting supplies, ornaments, smellies, jewellery, candles, edibles and if your partner lives in a different country from yourself, they may enjoy receiving things they wouldn't be able to get in their own country. That's just a few ideas for you.

Each gift should cost a maximum of £2, it's not about the cost, it's about gifting things which your partner will like.

Your parcel should contain twelve gifts wrapped individually so that your swap partner is able to open one on each of the twelve days of Christmas, and should be posted by the 5th of December 2015. Those who are swapping with partners from other countries should check the last posting dates to ensure their parcel will arrive in time for Christmas.

Only one gift should be opened per day starting on the 25th December 2015 through to the 5th January 2016.

It would be a nice idea to show the gifts you received on your blog in January.


If anyone is unsure about anything or has any problems, don't hesitate to get in touch. You can find my email address on my sidebar under the Contact Me section. Above all, have fun with this swap, afterall, that's what it's all about.

42 comments:

  1. Thank you for arranging this Jo, it's my first swap and I'm quite excited about it. Have a good day tomorrow with your university visit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I've never done an official swap before either, the one I did last year with Lisa was arranged just between the two of us so I'm quite excited about it too. I think this will be my last university visit with Eleanor, Mick's going on the rest of them with her.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo
    I know I'm not taking part in the swap ... but I do wish all those that are a lot of fun with it!

    Do hope your Uni open day visit goes well tomorrow.
    Have a good weekend too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know I had a lot of fun swapping gifts with Lisa last year so I hope that everyone taking part in this swap has just as much fun with it. I do love Friday night when the weekend starts even though I'm at home full time anyway, I hope you have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  3. HI Jo

    Thanks for organising! I have popped over and left a message for Janet. Very exciting!

    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I just hope everyone has lots of fun with it. Thanks for letting me know that you've made contact with Janet.

      Delete
  4. My partner and I have been in touch, thanks for setting this up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant news. Happy swapping. You're very welcome.

      Delete
  5. Yay, thanks for organizing us all - am looking forward to it, and going to say hello to my swap partner right now! :-) Happy weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think we'll all have lots of fun with the swap.

      Delete
  6. I want to see all the gifts. How fun that'll be! I hope everyone shares them on their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do too, I love to see what everyone's received.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for organising this, Jo, I'm looking forward to it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think Christmas will be going on for quite a while this year.

      Delete
  8. I've left a comment on Jo's blog so we'll see if she's well enough to get back to me. Hubby can't believe I've been paired up with another Jo. He said it's confusing as I have you (Jo) and my blogpal Joanna from USA. Hope I can do this OK. Take care and thanks for the swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, you'll have to call us Jo1, Jo2 and Jo3. You're welcome.

      Delete
  9. Thanks Jo I have emailed you Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. An email will be winging its way back to you very soon.

      Delete
  10. Hi Jo.....have left a comment for my partner. Thanks for arranging the swap, found lots more interesting blogs to read too..it just keeps getting better..ha ha. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think finding lots of new blogs to read is another advantage of taking part in swaps, it's a great way to make new blog friends.

      Delete
  11. Thanks Jo. It'll be fun finding lots of little gifts, I've emailed Alcea and am looking forward to getting started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I love gift buying, it'll be fun finding things we think our swap partners will like.

      Delete
  12. Hello, Sorry nearly forgot to post. Ellie and I have made contact :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news, thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  13. Hello Jo
    Just to let you know that Sally and I have been in touch via email. It's going to be a great swap - thanks for organising it.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone's going to have lots of fun with this swap. You're welcome.

      Delete
  14. Thank you, contact made with my partner, now the fun begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. So it does, I'm sure there's lots of fun to be had.

      Delete
  15. Hi Jo...Thank you for organising the swap. I have emailed Amy....and I'm really looking forward to the swap.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. There's going to be so many gifts winging their way through the postal system this Christmas, I can't wait.

      Delete
  16. Thank you for hosting this Jo and matching us up! My partner and I have been in touch now, and I know that I am and I am sure that my partner is looking forward to the swap! Thank you again! Hope you have had a good day with Eleanor! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm really looking forward to the swap too. I'm swapping with Lisa again this year as well as my swap partner, it's all very exciting. Eleanor enjoyed her uni visit, just another four to go now but Mick's doing those with her.

      Delete
  17. Thanks again for organising this, Cheryl and I have left comments on each other's blogs, and I've emailed her this evening. Really looking forwards to buying pressies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I think it's the pressie buying which I'm most excited about, I love gifting things just as much as receiving. I hope we all have a brilliant time with this swap.

      Delete
  18. Hi - Alison nudged me about this - will be fun! Thanks for organising,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure everyone will have lots of fun with the swap. You're welcome.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for organizing Jo, I've already started shopping for mine as I want to get it sent off early x

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. I know you're partnered with Susan in Australia so you're probably wise to get it sent off in good time.

      Delete
  19. I'm sure the swap will be good fun for all those taking part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, I had a lot of fun with it last year when I swapped gifts with Lisa.

      Delete
  20. Your swap sounds like fun! Had I known about it sooner I would have played

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. The swap I took part in last year was lots of fun so I'm hoping that we're going to have fun with it again this year.

      Delete