Friday 14 September 2012

Another Finished Blanket

After blogging about the blanket I finished in July, I didn't expect to be showing you another finished blanket quite so soon. My first blanket took over a year to crochet, this one just a month, it's my finished item for August.


It's much smaller than my first blanket, there's only forty two squares, and the squares are smaller too, five rounds instead of six, but I decided to use up the yarn which was left over from my last blanket and this was all that was left.


I actually prefer these squares to the ones in my first blanket. Each of the five rounds are a different colour, whereas the squares in my first blanket were three lots of two rounds of the same colour. The colours were still chosen randomly though.


I've used exactly the same coloured yarns in both blankets but they look totally different. You can see my first blanket in my post of 23rd of August.


So shall I tell you who this new blanket is for? Archie of course. He will have it in his bed this winter to keep him nice and cosy. Talk about a pampered pooch.


But in the meantime he has no intention of letting me put it away.


You could say I'm hooked on making blankets now. I've started a new one, but more on that another time.

19 comments:

  1. Archie is one lucky fella, he is going to be the envy of all the other dogs this winter with that pretty blanket :)
    I really like the squares/pattern as well..I like the different colour combos.
    Looking forward to seeing the next one you create...
    Have a lovely weekend..treat yourself to a yummy hot chocolate, you deserve it after all that crochet work :)
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Our dog is always trying to steal our new blankets. He thinks every one is just for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tell Moss otherwise he'll want one too! It fab and I love it; just wish I could master how to knit just one granny square. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you've got the bug now! I don't think I could stop making blankets even if I wanted to, haha. Bless that Archie, he looks so cosy on his blanket, which is gorgeous by the way. Your stitches are so neat! Looking forward to seeing your next one. Have a lovely weekend, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Archie's crocheted blanket. It looks like he loves it too! Our two unfortunately chew their blankets! You'd think that I starve them!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky dog Archie is! You can tell he is enjoying your hard work already, he looks properly happy and flopped out!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 2 cats think all my blankets are for them. Your blanket is lovely. It's funny how different combinations of colour and design can totally change the look of a blanket even though you've used the same colours.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a big softy Jo making a blanket for Archie! Its gorgeous and I hope he realises what a lucky doggy he is!
    We are potty about our animals arent we? Marmalade has a lovely sofa type bed to sleep on which is thickly padded and its placed next to the radiator for extra warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so pretty. Even though you've used lots of colours the overall look isn't too busy because they all work well together.

    And that is one lucky dog!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blankie. The photo of Archie lying and sleeping on it made me smile. Rosie is exactly the same - any blankie put on the floor for photographing has to be stood on or, better still, laid upon! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Archie is one lucky dog!!! I'm also very impressed by the speed that you're crocheting. I seem to be stuck in first gear and everything happens very slowly. There may be a new blanket on my blog by Christmas!!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all your lovely comments. I appreciate them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jo - you inspired me with your blanket and how quickly you made another one. So this afternoon I searched the web and have almost completed my first square! Thank you. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stuff, Amanda. It's surprisingly easy once you get going.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its lovely Jo, I love the colours you choose - looks like Archie approves too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Gill. Archie loves it, it should keep him nice and warm in winter. He is a pampered pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this, the colours are lovely and I cannot believe how quickly it was completed! I have to say too, Archie is one handsome dog, I'm not surprised you want to spoil him. ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to say that I surprised myself how quickly I completed it. I haven't made a similar blanket since but I do like the colours so I'd like to make something like it, except bigger, in the future. Archie knows how cute he is and plays it to his advantage.

    ReplyDelete